Shot Setup & Final Layout Artist – Feature Film
Previs/Layout · Vancouver, British Columbia
During these challenging times, we’re all in this together. While it isn’t business as usual, at Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. We are looking for Shot Setup & Final Layout Artists to join our team!
Our Previs & Layout team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the previs department is responsible for previs, shot setup and final layout. Our team is made up of junior, intermediate, senior artists, leads and supervisors, all of whom play an integral part in production. The previs department includes three key tasks in production. Although we are one team, it is broken up into three sub-departments.
- Previs – Their role is to translate storyboards and/or script direction into a 3D sequence of shots and establish camera composition, lenses, and movement.
- Shot Setup & Final Layout (FLO) – These artists take previs master scene files, conform the shots to the final edit and prep them for the animation department. They also make certain that all assets and elements required within a shot are present and in its proper place and ensure the continuity within a sequence.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Troubleshoot some technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Replace all temporary previs props, sets, and any other assets with proper productions assets
- conform master scene files with the final editorial edit
- Identify blockers and improvements, and provide information to Leads and Supervisors for resolutions
- Take responsibility for shots and/or assets and ask for support when needed
- Take direction (creative and technical) from senior team members
- Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Work with senior members of the team in order to produce the best possible work
- Keep leads, supervisors and production updated in a timely manner
- Communicate to all in a respectful manner regardless of level
What you bring to the team
- Proficient in Maya
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Eye for detail and continuity
- Organized and methodical
- Good eye for composition and staging
- Proficient in previs
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
P.S. Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – we strive to create a safe place for all to come to work (or work remotely)