During these challenging times, we’re all in this together. While it isn’t business as usual, at Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! We are looking for Intermediate artists join our Lighting and Compositing team in January.
Our Lighting and Compositing Team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the lighting department is responsible for lighting and compositing elements into a final image to highlight the story and enhance the emotional impact within a visually cohesive world. Our team is made up of juniors, intermediates, seniors, leads, supervisors and a Head of Department, all of whom play an integral part in production. In lighting we look for an understanding in the principles of traditional fine arts and cinematography, along with knowledge of modern renderers combined to visually support the storytelling process. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the shot finaling, surfacing, look development, FX and DMP departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
• Progression of assigned shots from the start of lighting all the way to final in compositing
• Troubleshoot your technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
• Take direction (creative and technical) from senior team members
• Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
• Work with senior members of the team in order to produce the best possible work
• Support others in the team with trouble shooting
• Keep leads, supervisors and production updated in a timely manner
What you bring to the team
• Proficient in Arnold, Gaffer (or Katana) and Nuke
• Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Eye for detail and continuity
• Good understanding of CG animated features, VFX features or equivalent
• Good knowledge of sequence and key lighting, and deep compositing
• Some experience at creating lighting and compositing templates for other artists to use across multiple shots or a sequence with an emphasis on consistency and efficiency
• Good understanding of how to use light, colour, composition and camera in successful visual storytelling
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – we strive to create a safe place for all to come to work (or to work remotely)