Groom Artist (Houdini) – Feature Animation
CFX · Vancouver, British Columbia
Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking a Groom Artist to join our team. If you want to join a fast-paced studio, apply now! We use a combination of Maya and Houdini to achieve our kooky looks!
Our CFX Team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the CFX department are responsible for creating hair and fur grooming a hair and cloth simulations. In CFX we look for a good understanding of hair, cloth and fur with the ability to work in a technical and creative environment. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with other departments. Groom artists work closely with the modeling, rigging and surfacing departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Creating hair, fur, feathers and organic elements for characters, environments and props
- Troubleshoot some technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Take responsibility for shots and/or assets and ask for support when needed
- Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Work with others to improve workflows and efficiency
What you bring to the team
- Proficient in Maya and Houdini
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Eye for detail and continuity
- Good at using techniques in order to efficiently complete challenging shots
- Good understanding of groom terminology and pipeline
- Foundational knowledge of scripting
- Good ability to take ownership to rigs assigned, and test, write documentation, maintain and upgrade them whenever necessary
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – we strive to create a safe place for all to come to work (or to work remotely)